Add to WatchlistBuy Ticket
Summer of 1963. Headstrong 17-year-old Baby Houseman hardly expects her family’s usual summer vacation in the Catskills to be momentous. But then Baby spies Johnny Castle, the resort’s dance instructor from the wrong side of the tracks. Johnny’s facing a crisis: his dance partner and friend, Penny, is pregnant and has reluctantly decided to get an abortion. This leaves Johnny a solo act – until Baby agrees to take Penny’s place. She has to learn how to dance first, however, and as Johnny teaches her the choreography’s sexy, seductive moves, the two fall in love. But Baby’s father believes that Johnny is the creep who got Penny pregnant, and he furiously orders Baby to end the relationship. Baby knows that Johnny’s innocent — and with her feisty idealism and his dance talent, the two will prove to Baby’s father that their love is worth fighting for.
- Monday 20th : Press & Industry previews
- Tuesday 21st : Opening Film, Opening Party, Sailer Retroperspective
- Wendesday 22nd : Start of the Competition 2018, Cinema in the City
- Thursday 23rd : Drive In Theater “Dirty Dancing”
- Friday 24th : Open Air event at Kitzbueheler Horn, Drive In Theater “Drive”
- Saturday 25th : Award Ceremony and Closing Party
- Sunday 26th : Additional screenings of all awarded films of FFKB 2018
- Monday 20th : annual members meeting of the FFKB Association
- Tuesday 21st : Opening Night
- Wendesday 22nd : Jury’s “Weisswurst Brunch”
- Thursday 23rd : Directors and Producers Brunch, Drive In Theater #1 including a Concert & BBQ.
- Friday 24th : Sundown and Warm-Up at the Kitzbueheler Horn, Drive In Theater #2 including a concert & BBQ, “Alpinesdating” Pitches (Forum for Producers), FFKB-Alumni party
- Saturday 25th : “Alpendating” Brunch in cooperation with FFF (Bavaria), IDM (Alto Adige), ÖFI (Austria), Zürcher Filmstiftung (Switzerland)
Award Show & Gala Event