Add to Watchlist
When God Sleeps
“My songs didn’t make me famous. The fatwa did.” And so we embark on the journey of rapper Shahin Naja , whose bold style and transgressive lyrics put him in the crosshairs of religious clerics in his native Iran. The clerics issued the fatwa for his death in response toone of his songs, which they deem blasphemous. This is a story of thistireless artist-activist against the backdrop of the 2015 Paris terrorist attacks and the global rightwing backlash against Middle Eastern refugees. Shahin’s es- cape leads to an impossible romance when he falls in love with the grand daughter of the first Prime Minister of the Islamic Republic of Iran. With such family backgrounds, Shahin and Leili become a modern day Romeo & Juliet, caught in the storm of Europe’s refugee crisis, rising Trumpismand global anxiety about the increasingly violent clash between art and religion.
Schauder got his start in Germany where he wrote and directed the award winning feature films STRONG SHIT and CITY BOMBER. His U.S. debut, SANTA SMOKES won several international awards, among them Best Director at the Tokyo International Film Festival and the Studio Hamburg Newcomer Award. In 2012, Schauder completed his first documentary, the critically acclaimed THE IRAN JOB, which was released theatrically in several countries, shortlisted for a German Oscar, and is now available on Netflix. In 2014 he was awarded the prestigious Gerd-Ruge-Stipendium by Medienstiftung NRW, Germany’s largest federal film fund. Schauder received his MA at the University of Television and Film, Munich. He teaches film classes at NYU and Vermont College of Fine Arts where he is a founding faculty of the Film Masters Program.
Screenings in all categories, as well as the competition start from August 23rd, Wednesday 2017.
- Monday 21st : Press & Industry previews
- Tuesday 22nd : Opening film premiere
- Wendesday 23rd : Start of the Retrospective 2017, Slash Film event
- Thursday24th : Drive In Theater #1, Spotlight premiere
- Friday 25th : Open Air event at Kitzbueheler Horn, Drive In Theater #2
- Saturday 26th : Closing film premiere
- Sunday 27th : Additional screenings of all awarded films of FFKB 2017
The official film line up will be announced in the beginning of July 2017!
- Monday 21st : annual members meeting of the FFKB Association
- Tuesday 22nd : Opening Night
- Wendesday 23rd : Jury’s “Weisswurst Brunch”, FFKB-Alumni party
- Thursday24th : Directors and Producers Brunch, Drive In Theater #1 including a Concert & BBQ, Classic Concert “The Greatest Sounds of Hollywood” with Cosimo Pannazo at Rasmushof
- Friday 25th : Sundown and Warm-Up at the Kitzbueheler Horn, Drive In Theater #2 including a concert & BBQ, “Alpesdating” Pitches (Forum for Producers)
- Saturday 26th : “Alpendating” Brunch in cooperation with FFF (Bavaria), IDM (Alto Adige), ÖFI (Austria), Zürcher Filmstiftung (Switzerland)
Award Show & Gala Event at Rasmushof, Afterparty at the Londoner
Playtime and Theater
[25.08. – 14:00 FKA,
26.08. – 17:45 SK]