6th Script Lab of the FFKB-Foundation
August 5 – 25, 2019
From the Identification of Potentials to the Promotion of Excellence
The Script Lab (“Drehbuchklausur”) is a 3 week-long residential workshop, where scriptwriters can develop and present their current works. The Film Festival Kitzbuehel Foundation – specially founded for this purpose – organizes the Script Lab in order to offer filmmakers from Austria and Europe an opportunity to work on their creations together with colleagues, tutors and national and international film industry experts, as well as to exchange ideas and to network.
Each year, up to nine participants are selected by the Film Festival Kitzbuehel Foundation along with a jury of international film experts. The scriptwriters must have previous experience in film production and scriptwriting, and be ready to develop their new project.
The Script Lab is based on a combination of individual writing phases, personal talks, coaching by dramaturgic advisors, experts and colleagues, and rounded off by lectures, case studies, guest speakers and discussions with experts and professionals from the national and international film industry. The unique surroundings and the landscape of Kitzbuehel provide an ideal setting to encourage the creative writing process.
The main goal of the Script Lab is to release highly qualified authors that tell captivating stories and to promote Austrian film within the national and international film industry.
• Pitching (followed by a group video analysis)
• Synopsis – Logline (before and after the exercise)
• Characters, Dramaturgy, Genre, Dialogue, Language
• Case Study
• Overview of current developments in copyright laws
• Cross-Media Potential – Digital World
• „Decision-Makers as Guests“ – Institutions introduce themselves
Participants receive the following offers during the Script Lab:
• Tutors as well as domestic and foreign specialists from the film and media industry will be offering their advice and support in order to strengthen and establish unique features of the respective projects
• Experts from the Austrian and European film and media industry offer important inspiration through incentive presentations and seminars, and inform about the current industry and market developments
• Lectures and panels open new perspectives on the participants’ creations
Script Lab Candidates
The following 8 candidates have been chosen for the script lab this year: